Saturday, June 9, 2007

My Kind of Town... Munich is

So I am already totally in love with Munich. There is this transparent charm to the city. You can't see it, but something about it shines. Besides the beautiful people who populate its crowded streets and the thousands of shops and beer halls brimming with life, there is something more to this city. Perhaps I will be able to articulate it later.

Anyway, I have made a few friends here. Nothing serious yet. The hostel people come and go, so you can't really try to become their buddies. Its sort of like how veteran soldiers would not befriend the green replacements.... because they seem to be gone before you know it.

I'm going to keep this short as I have to go grab some groceries. I have been trying to eat healthy while here. Beer and bratwurst binges does not bode well for the body. Nice alliteration Matt. I try to drink juices (fresh squeezed in the market) and fruits and such. I would kill for a Brazil Grille here, with unprocessed meats ready for me to tear into and get my essential proteins and amino acids.

Gruss Gott und Aufweidezen!
-Matt

No comments: