Monday, January 21, 2008

Miss Information

Right when I finished my previous post, I go back to CNN.com for some last minute browsing (even though the writing is terrible and filled with errers. Why cant they even spell corectly?).

The Headline reads: Thousands pay respect to Hillary
Wow. If this was important enough to be ranked under the Top Stories section, this must mean that Hillary is pulling ahead of Obama. Dammit. Let's read the article and find out what happened!:

AUCKLAND, New Zealand (AP) -- Thousands of New Zealanders filed solemnly past the casket of Mount Everest conqueror Sir Edmund Hillary on Monday as they paid final respects a day ahead of his state funeral.

You've got to be kidding me. Kudos to the guy, as I don't think it gets any more bad-ass than climbing Mt. Everest... but come on. Talk about mis-leading information. I think we could use a credible source now for some closing comments. Eh, fuck it, let's ask this guy on the street (I quote):

"He was a great man of the last century," said Jagpal Kang, 56, an Auckland taxi driver.



Thanks Jagpal. You're a real pal.
-Matt

No comments: