Monday, September 17, 2007

Bad Dream

Spooky. I had a dream last night that I died. I never die in dreams! It is kind of fuzzy (as dreams usually are) but I remember that I was voluntarily dying for some reason. I chose to die. I don't know why. But all I remember is that I was not afraid to die and that I welcomed the near martyr experience... until it was just about to happen. As I am writing this the dream is sort of coming back to me. I remember being in this dark house, sort of run down. Actually, if anybody has seen the video of Saddam Hussein being hanged (it's freakin crazy. Some guy took the video on his cell phone and it was all over the internet. I am sure you can still find it), it looked a lot like that. I was going up a stair case and then my mind started racing and I was deathly afraid. All of a sudden, I didn't want to die. I remember thinking, "I want to grow old. I want to be an old man some day." Also, I kind of remember thinking about other people like friends and family. No one in particular, just the idea that life was ending and I wouldn't see them. OH yeah, interestingly, the idea of re-incarnation went through my mind. I remember thinking that I did not want to "come back" to Earth. I wonder, did I think the thoughts that everybody who is going to die/dying thinks? Who knows. Then I woke up. Kind of a traumatic experience.

For some reason my last two posts have been rather morbid. Honestly, it is just a coincidence. I am doing great! Work, friends, leisure... It's all going great. No need to worry (mom!)
Have a nice day!
-Matt

No comments: