Monday, August 31, 2009

Debt Free!

I hate economics. I have no original ideas concerning anything related to domestic politics.

But try this one: My idea to decrease the national debt is to eliminate tax returns.

In my world, when I lose 20-30% of my paycheck to "taxes", it's gone. Like, I never see it again. Gone. And, I am happy to do it. That money builds schools, paves roads, pays cops, and helps supply Afghan druglords. I smile.

I don't know about you, but I'd gladly never get a tax return. I'm sure I'm not alone when I admit, I totally don't look forward to or even come close to remembering that time of year when I get my check from the government. It's an afterthought. "Oh hey, money from the government? How convenient! First round is on me."

Mr. Obama. Keep it. You can do better things with tax returns instead of funding my liver's demise.

No comments: