Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Want to Be a Part of It!

I've got a job. In NYC!

Dreams do come true!

But. I have that depressing feeling that I am about to wake up from my dream, only to want to fake-sleep in the vain hope that I will slip right back into the old dream. I'm on my way back Angelina... I promise. Just, eh, wait in the jacuzzi.

I am a soon-to-be assistant manager of a Manhattan tea room. Well actually, there are three branches, and I would work in all three. And how appropriate! Throughout college, one of my sort of trademarks was my extensive tea collection (In all honesty, I had way too many teas for a friggin' college dorm. But, it was a chick magnet. I mean, I could have just as well have been a yoga instructor. They like that sensitive/new-age stuff. Right, and I know that... and that's why I am still single...)

This place is really cute. Lots of pregnant moms, old ladies, and hippie artsy types. My kind of crowd (well, sort of. Pregnant moms are all well and good, but they are not necessarily my "thing".) The people who work there seem very friendly and the neighborhoods are generously gentrified. Perhaps the best part is that this is not a "pinky in the air, have The Help hail a horse" kind of place. They are real people, without the Victorian pretensions. And they like tea. *sigh* Quite a relief.

I suppose this will be a nice way to live the NYC life for now.
Long term goals: Graduate school. Short term goals: Sustenance.


Aside: I swear I am going to do more Travel related posts soon. I haven't been writing much lately, so I have to find my groove again. These past few posts are just to get the gears cranking. Stay tuned.
-Matt

No comments: