Thursday, June 26, 2008

Are You Still Reading This?

Hey.

You.

Are you still reading my blog?

Dude, I haven't updated this thing in probably two or three months. It's defunct. It's kaput. It's nicht ser gut.

I'd like to change that. I want to restart the blog, but with a new purpose. At the moment, I don't know what that purpose should be. I mean, at this exact moment it's just therapy, as I am writing these lines with the full knowledge that nobody is reading this. "Then why post it?" asketh you. Answereth: Um, I'm not sure. I guess it is a bit like confession right now. Not that I ever went to confession, nor have much to confess (lie), but you get the idea.

Anyhow, I want to take the blog in a new direction. Enough of my random thoughts and rants about typical daily-grind bullshit. True, it was rather insightful, if I may be so bold to say. True, it was fleetingly entertaining and provides a nice outlet for my pent up frustrations... but... it ain't marketable. I'd like to do something that will make me some money, win me a following, make me famous. I have no delusions about that. Bills don't pay themselves. All I have to decide is what to write about:

Politics?
Nah. I couldn't bear the inevitable deluge of hate mail. I'm very sensitive to those types of things.

Entertainment?
Fuck no. I'm not contributing to the downfall of Western Civilization... or at least Western culture.

Travel?
That's a bit more up my alley. However, I am grounded for the foreseeable future and would just be writing based on conjecture and imperfect memories. That's not so bad, I suppose. So far, this topic is in the lead.

Money and Finance?
Considering that my net worth is roughly $32.84, I don't think I should be the one giving advice.


Travel it is then. I'll make shit up. It's what I'm good at. I'll do a few test posts, and you, sun-drenched reader, can let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Matt

No comments: